Welcome to the Los Changuitos Feos History page, featuring "LCF The First 50 Years Event Timeline". Los Changuitos Feos are recognized as "Ambassadors of Good Will" in Mexico and many cities in the United States. Besides performing in Tucson and surrounding communities, they have traveled by car, chartered bus, plane, and train to Mexico, San Diego, Los Angeles, Fresno, San Francisco, Chicago, Milwaukee, Dayton, New York, Washington D.C., Houston, Louisville, El Paso, San Antonio, and throughout rural Arizona.
Their performances have included: • Performances on national television in the U.S. and Mexico, including a CBS special, "The Mission and the Mariachi"
• Performances for the presidents of Mexico and the U.S.
• Concerts at the Universities of Utah, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Texas-El Paso, Arizona, and Arizona State.
• A nationally televised concert with Trini Lopez at the half-time show of the first Fiesta Bowl.
• The opening entertainment for the 1972 American Health Congress in Chicago, before 10,000 delegates including Mayor Daley.
• The annual "Viva Mexico" celebration at Disneyland.
They have also performed on stage with Johnny Cash, Tito Guizar, the King Family, Fess Parker, Gary Puckett, Andy Williams, Lawrence Welk, Linda Ronstadt, Edward James Olmos, Lola Beltran, Vicky Carr, and others.
Some of the most memorable and high profile performances have included: • 1967 - Pilgrimage to Mexico where they visited the Shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe, Shrine to the Infant Jesus and Shrine of the Virgin of Zapopan in Mexico City and Guadalajara, Jalisco. One of the newspapers in Guadalajara titled the story, "Un Mariachi Gringo Canto en Guadalajara".
• 1969 - Nixon/Agnew Presidential Inaugural in Washington DC.
• 1997 - In Washington DC the Inauguration Parade for President Clinton.
• 2002 - A warm welcome to Bishop Samuel Ruiz Garcia of San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, MX, who was known for his support of poor and indigenous people, and had been nominated three times for the Nobel Peace Prize.
• 2006 - For the 27th U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Convention in Philadelphia.
Mariachi Los Changuitos Feos has recorded 6 albums over the past 50 years. They celebrated their 40th Anniversary in 2004 with an event that is documented on DVD.
In 2014 Los Changuitos Feos celebrated their 50 year anniversary. Please click on the image below to view the timeline. If you click on the BOLD Year numbers at the left and right of the brown timeline, you will advance to that year. If you click on the Sombreo LCF Home button you will return to LCF Home Page.
Los Changuitos Feos The First 50 Years Timeline - Click on Image Above